Life should be like a snow globe. Even if the world is upside down, it is still beautiful.

Saturday, February 19, 2005

Gong Gong's B-day

Haha..today is my ah gong's birthday...think he is 93 years old this year. Wah...isn't that very old? Anyway the whole family had a dinner at Great Straits Garden near Danga Bay today. Almost everyone was present except for Wei Zhe, Jason, Ah Chun who were all back for college. I must say the view there was really beautiful as it was by the sea. Furthermore, the dinner was delicious and sumptuous. The food ranges from yu sheng, longevity noodle, the usual stuff like leng pan, shark fin's soup, chicken, prawns, fish, mushroom and the highlight was the dessert which was orh ni (yam) and Jason.. I heard from your mum this is your favourite and this can be hardly found in restaurants. There you missed it again. It was damn nice I must say. Haha...maybe next time you will get the chance to taste it. After the dinner, I went with san gu gu to buy birthday cake for gong gong. We wanted a bigger one, which we could only find from Secret recipe. It was a Black Forest cake. Then, we proceeded to xiao shu shu's house where we celebrated gong gong's birthday and all of us sang a birthday song for him. Seeing the beam from his face, I could imagine how delighted he was. Then it was time to give out ang baos. All of us (grandchildren) got an ang bao each. As for Wei Zhe and Jason, don't worry.. you all have got one too...think it is with your mother. Haha...after that everyone stayed on to chat for some time before we left at 11...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home